I use my local guy who I know and trust for all repairs/servicing that I'm not able to do (or can't be bothered to try) and, if the price is somewhere close, also for the odd bits and pieces. For example, he charges 15 - 20% more for plugs than I can get them on line but I tend to use him as a) usually has them in stock, b) gives good advise on maybe up or down a grade depending on the bike/my requirement c) he has to make a living to be around to service/repair my bike
The more you use him then the more he tends to pass on a little of his trade discount and also 'takes a view' on his hourly rate on some of the longer jobs.
In particular I value Mark's wide practical knowledge and his willingness to pass on tips and tricks and even suggest how I might tackle a job rather than immediately turn to him. I have a few older bikes and he always questions my request to make sure it's needed. Above all his attention to detail is superb, you're literally trusting your life to these guys and after a very poor experience with a 'race trained' mechanic who forgot to tighten up a steering damper and fork yolk bolt I am only interested in taking my bike to someone I can trust even if the bill is a little higher. If you get a bit of banter and a few biker tales thrown in as well then all the better ; )
If you're down this way try Powerlinks at Ringwood 01425 472100, I can't recommend him highly enough