Here goes then chaps.... been riding almost 35 years, motocross and road and have had 2 accidents first was on a GS850 near Slough. Two cars in front of me at traffic lights and had my 15 year old daughter on the back. Cars went and I followed, another car jumped the lights and turned across my path. No time to think just pushed daughter off bike as I was laying it down and went into the front wheel at about 30. Rode bike home and realised when I got there that the front wheel was almost touching block. Driver had no insurance and could not speak English hence being in Slough. Paid out in pound notes, £1800 of them so got another set of forks and sold bike on.
Accident number 2, roll on about 30 years till summer 2 years ago. Bought myself a 06 Hayabusa on the Saturday, loved it for the whole week. I am a big lad and it was an amazing machine, 17 again, wheelies in most gears and 160 mph etc etc. Anyway out for a ride on Sunday morning, saw in front of me a car towing an horsebox parked at side of road. Stopped on white line and looked at car, lady driver looking across to the shops on her left, no eye contact in mirrors etc. My indicator goes on, checks road ahead, checks mirrors, checks blind spot and does lifesaver, pulls out to overtake, gets past horsebox and she decides to turn into a side road on my right. Wham ........ bike collides with car front corner, bike goes down road, I go across road, up kerb on my back, through a fence and come to rest after breaking a 6 foot concrete planter with my head. Comes back to the real world and stands up, takes off helmet and realises that it is ****ed (Arai St George) throws on to floor and am told that she did not see me in her mirrors so must have been in blind spot. Bike totalled, gear totalled, most of body totalled. Ambulance cut off leathers and boots. Ankle broken, fingers of left hand split apart and the worse gravel rash in the world on my lower back where jacket had ridden up. Crutches, stitches and worst of all bike totalled. Distance covered in a week - 1500 miles. Now almost 2 years later, ankles still ****ed, haematoma ? in lower back needs draining again and I bloody ache!! Horse boxes scare the **** out of me now and I will turn around to avoid the bitches. Now own a VStrom 1000 but I really want another Busa but wife says NO!!