Quote Originally Posted by Col
[quote author=monday21 link=1344634642/18#18 date=1345061243]Worth mentioning that the UK could not reintroduce capital punishment and remain a member state of the EU.

In the European Union member states, Article 2 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union prohibits the use of capital punishment.

It's well documented on here that I'm not a big fan of the EU in its current form, but at least they got this right. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ummmm run this crap by me again Ken in light of April Jones likely outcome ........[/quote]

It may be crap to you Col, but I respect your opposing opinion of which you are entitled to.

I am outraged and lost for words over this alleged horrific crime, but I stand by my view that there is no place for the death penalty in a civilised society.

I can’t begin to imagine what her family must be going through right now. :'( :'(

Whoever is found guilty of committing this alleged murder, he/she should spend the rest of their days behind bars. Life should mean life in such instances.

I won't allow emotional blackmail to cloud my mind on such important issues. As I have stated in the past, it is difficult to engage in a rational debate on such matters in the wake of a tragic death like this.