Notices

Thread: cheap chinese bikes in a crate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Platinum Member
    like a donkey on acid
    Sounds like top entertainment, I'd pay to see that!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

2. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Platinum Member
    Ha!this takes me back to the 60's when "Jap" bikes were the imports so to say,and the word was "Buy British", not japanese sowing machines"!lol "Eat your words there sonny boy!". How times have changed!

3. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Platinum Member
    I had a test ride on a Hyasung 650 was supposed to be an equivalent to the SV but didnt really like it, you could tell it was a cheap copy.

4. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    Ha!this takes me back to the 60's when "Jap" bikes were the imports so to say,and the word was "Buy British", not japanese sowing machines"!lol "Eat your words there sonny boy!". How times have changed!
    Big difference between now and those days is that when Japanese bikes appeared they were oil-tight and reliable, unlike the antique designs churned out by the native manufacturers who couldn't be bothered to develop stuff like 12V electrics, horizontally-splitting crankcases with accurate manufacturing tolerances and electric starts... :
    The new kids on the block (or in the crate) are a retrograde step with abysmal manufacturing quality and awful reliability...

What goes around, comes around? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Diamond Member
    Heard the same arguments about Korean car maker Hyundai 20 years ago and more recently Kia. Where are they now? With regards to the Chinese, building quality motorcycles, it's not a question of if but a question of when. For now however, they do look cheap and nasty.

6. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    stay well clear they are a not worth it at any price!!!! i had one, :nearly fell to bits everytime i rode it :'( :'( :'(

7. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Diamond Member
    I had a Kia piccanto that I learnt in and had for the first year - fantastic car. Mechanically sound, drove well, handled ok (for a small car). I had 3 mechanic friends in Cheltenham that all said they were great to work on.

I'm sure the chinese imports will get better with time. But right now? I wouldn't touch one.... I've only ever known 1 person have one run with no problems, and quite a few of my mates had them back up north (by that I mean Gloucestershire!)

8. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Diamond Member
    Ye you are right SF they are crap at the mo, but the Chinese mean business. I think a Chinese company have invested alot of capital into Benneli.

9. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Oh yes, expect the Chinese to get better. These bikes are only the start. look at Hyosung, now making 650cc bikes and of good quality.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: cheap chinese bikes in a crate 
    Platinum Member
    The Chinese CAN make good stuff, but to beat Western produce prices, the quality has to be poorer (and so cheaper) to make up for shipping costs.

Give it time, it'll happen.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation