Notices

Thread: Big Brother is watching Schools

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    Diamond Member
    The Home Office’s proposed regulation of CCTV will not apply to schools and the new Commissioner will have absolutely no powers to do anything.

In addition, schools will not be covered by the Home Office's plans to set up a code of practice for the filming of citizens in public and a new surveillance watchdog will not be able to inspect them.

AN outraged father took three of his children out of a school in Ash after finding out that it had installed CCTV cameras inside the main toilets.

According to Mr West, CCTV was installed just after the Easter bank holiday, and the cameras, which were in the boys and girls’ main toilets, were positioned just above the urinals and toilet bowls.
    Mr West said he asked Mr Garrido if he could come into school and have a look at the toilets himself, which the headteacher agreed to.
    “I went on Tuesday morning and I was horrified when I saw them above the cisterns,” said Mr West.

I would feel very uncomfortable going to the toilet being watched on camera by a total stranger. I'ts just a step too far and sends out a real negative message to our young children - you can't even be trusted to go to the toilet on your own.

2. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    Banned
    SECRET spying powers including undercover filming are being used by the region's councils to snoop on residents – and even their own staff.

New figures show authorities in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire have invoked controversial surveillance powers more than 100 times in just three years.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...ail/story.html

3. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    My thoughts on this is if you have nothing to hide what is the problem?. :-?

4. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    My thoughts on this is if you have nothing to hide what is the problem?. :-?
    That's the whole point young girls and boys do have parts of their body they may wish to hide from total strangers. I can't understand how people can't see that. Going to the toilet is a private matter for most people and should remain so. Whatever next - cameras in our bedrooms? Why not, If you have nothing to hide? :P

5. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    There were cameras in the toilets at my school.
    Sink+water+toilet roll*good aim=camera covered.

6. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor911
    There were cameras in the toilets at my school.
    Sink+water+toilet roll*good aim=camera covered.
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Big Brother is watching Schools 
    have it above the door in problem schools covering the general area but positioning it where children are exposed on tape is beyond wrong and should not be permitted. My son will never go to a school where he is at risk from the very people he should be learning from, there is no god damn reason on earth why anybody should be allowed to watch a child use the toilet and i will happily 'discuss' with anyone who thinks its normal or acceptable.....its wrong in the strongest sense of the word >
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....