Notices

Thread: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Diamond Member
    The media are ignorant tw@ts at times. I saw a headline once - 'Cocaine claims another life!!!'

The article was about a woman that had drunk nearly 2 bottles of vodka and fell out of a window. She just happened to have trace amounts of cocaine in her system so they said she probably thought she could fly because of it.

Nob heads

2. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Happened right outside our office, really hope the rider pulls through, we see way to many people crash on that corner, unfortunately we always hear them approach at speed and not see how sharp the corner is, and its even worse at the moment as they've only just laid a new road surface

3. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    The media are ignorant tw@ts at times. I saw a headline once - 'Cocaine claims another life!!!'

The article was about a woman that had drunk nearly 2 bottles of vodka and fell out of a window. She just happened to have trace amounts of cocaine in her system so they said she probably thought she could fly because of it.

Nob heads
    Surely the point is not whether she thought she could fly or not, more whether she would have still jumped out the window had she not drunk 2 bottles of Vodka and even the smallest amount of a class A drug? I doubt she would have IMO.

4. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Quote Originally Posted by mcicy
    Happened right outside our office, really hope the rider pulls through, we see way to many people crash on that corner, unfortunately we always hear them approach at speed and not see how sharp the corner is, and its even worse at the moment as they've only just laid a new road surface
    Ohh... that dosen't sound good....

GWS to whoever it is.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Sean.C
    Not good [smiley=sad.gif] Hope he pulls through .

6. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Hope he pulls through

7. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    GWS

8. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Never good news to hear - hope the rider recovers soon
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1302104873/10#10 date=1302164230]The media are ignorant tw@ts at times. I saw a headline once - 'Cocaine claims another life!!!'

Nob heads
    Surely the point is not whether she thought she could fly or not, more whether she would have still jumped out the window had she not drunk 2 bottles of Vodka and even the smallest amount of a class A drug? I doubt she would have IMO.

[/quote]

You're missing the point - the point is that the death was blamed on cocaine to sensationalise the headline, when in fact she'd just got too p155ed and fallen from the window.

The media pick the easy targets...

Anyway, I hope whoever this pulls through ok :-/

10. Re: A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life. 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1302104873/12#12 date=1302167910][quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1302104873/10#10 date=1302164230]The media are ignorant tw@ts at times. I saw a headline once - 'Cocaine claims another life!!!'

Nob heads

[/quote]

You're missing the point - the point is that the death was blamed on cocaine to sensationalise the headline, when in fact she'd just got too p155ed and fallen from the window.

The media pick the easy targets...

Anyway, I hope whoever this pulls through ok :-/[/quote]

Not missing the point at all, you made yours on the basis that the media sensationalise news stories. Well, thats been the case since the dawn of time - thats their job - to sell newspapers. My point was very simply that, in my opinion, she wouldn't have jumped (or simply fallen) out of the window had it not been for 2 litres of Vodka and small amounts of cocaine in her blood stream. I'm sure thats what her mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons or daughters would be saying.

I also fail to understand how its possible for someone to "just happen to have trace amounts of cocaine in their system"? It doesn't just happen - people make lifestyle choices and must live with the consequences.

Anyway, back to the original thread - get well soon fella!