Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
[quote author=Swanny link=1331234376/9#9 date=1331310003][quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1331234376/6#6 date=1331285627] At least they died doing what they loved - serving their country.
I don't think they are serving their country. Afghanistan is no threat to us. [/quote]

Sounds like a debate, where I would normally put something that may would be torn apart, that Snowy and Scotty would put something contradictory and blunt, Witshire builders would ask if it was SF hunting season yet, Jon W would keep the peace, and Redken would find a reason to mention the government... [this section of my post is meant to be taken in good humour]

Am I game? You bet your ass!

Of course they are serving their country - regardless of the cause/reason/effect, they still work for our government and are serving the country. Your opinion on whether we should be there or not, doesn't really change that.... They are army boys through and through, and wther the war is ethical or not, they are out there because they believe that whatever the army tells them is best, is what they should do.

And they are proud to serve. let's not take that away from them...[/quote]

Usually happy to pull you apart anytime if I'm bored SF, but not on this occasion as it's a serious discussion thread and should be kept as such :-X