Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
[quote author=monday21 link=1325883254/119#119 date=1334841376]Sometimes free advice can be worth more than nothing. So called experts don't always get it right.

Thousands of hours of motorcycling experience on here. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Don’t forget Noah’s Ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals. :P
That's if you believe in Noah's Ark. And Titanic didn't sink itself, it was the icebergs fault ;D ;D

Being serious, I think the problem is how do you decide whether advice is good or bad, if you don't know enough to have asked the question in the first place? That's why I do think it important to make your own due digilence in these matters, take advice carefully and act upon it only if you're sure and/or are willing to accept the consequences.[/quote]

Graeme, I’ll concede that Noah’s Ark is probably a myth, but the sinking of the Titanic wasn’t the iceberg’s fault – it was the Captain’s, for not avoiding it. ;D :P

With nearly a century of motorcycling under our combined belts, we must be doing summit right.

Of course you are right, sometimes it's very difficult to sift the bad advice from the good. Unfortunately, most of us learn through our own mistakes.