Notices

Thread: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99' 
    Platinum Member
    Weeksy's Srad has gone, i'd wait till you have cash in the bank to look at this price point Iceman.

2. Re: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99' 
    Platinum Member
    "Mitch", the ads posted along with the pic mate!

(revcounter).If you're not on their site you'll need to register.

Like I said, the bloke was real nice and the price is certainly a bargain for a 99' model. It's just the paintwork that bothers me especialy spraying the frame & disks/forks to match.I've never seen a bike sprayed all over outside a custom chopper.

3. Re: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99'G2. 
    Walk away! There are plenty more out there.

I had an SRAD for a few years. It's quite a focused bike and quite hard work to ride quickly. You have literally got to be "on it" and constantly firing through the gears. If you're not in the right gear at the right time it either bogs down or shoots off.
    Having said that it is a very satisfying bike, because you feel very involved and handles very well for its age.

Right now the important stuff. Being a Suzuki the build quality is not the best. The fork legs are prone to pitting which will eventually split the seals. Being a carb model they suffer from icing so not too good in the winter months. Alot of them have been raced so check for any obvious damage. The fairing come off really easy so take a set of allen keys and a pozzie have a good look. The cam chain tensioners have a tenancy to go. Rev it hard then snap it shut. If there's a rattle you'll probably need a new one. Check the headrace bearings for play or clunking.
    Alot have got after market bits and iridium tat. Have they got the originals? If not why not? Being 13 years old it will have changed hands alot and bits get lost but It was known as a hooligans bike for a reason.

If it was my money I'd probably go for the kawi. You'd certainly get more bike for your money. Just not the one in the pic. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99' 
    Looks tidy apart from the top fairing.

5. Re: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99' 
    Platinum Member
    "Wiltshire builders", Thanks for the input mate.Much appreciated,and looks like I'm looking at the Kawasaki then or maybe a Honda?

6. Re: opinions advice on GSXR600 SRAD & ZX9R 99' 
    CBR600 for that sort of money. Even if it's been abused, it'll still be good.
    I wouldn't touch a bike that's had that much paintwork done. What's wrong with the look of the original frame, that it needs a paintjob. Nothing, unless it's been stuffed...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk