1. Re: Mens health vol2 
    Diamond Member
    Ducatista, 8% unemployment? :-?

C'mon, meet me halfway here.

2. Re: Mens health vol2 
    Platinum Member
    Here are the ONS details.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117

I may well be able to meet you halfway, in fact I'd wager we might agree, but you'd have to tell me the point you are making first

3. Re: Mens health vol2 
    Diamond Member
    I don’t accept the accuracy and validity of the official unemployment figures which we all know have been manipulated by successive governments and tweaked time and time again with the aim of under reporting true unemployment for political purposes.

The most recent change for example which is not included in the official stats are the thousands of unemployed forced to attend placements on government ‘back to work’ schemes like the Mandatory Work Activity (MWA) programme.

In the context of our cutting your cloth to suit debate I don’t think it’s really that important whether you accept the government unemployment stats or the true number. It’s the real income figures of the unemployed, students, part-time workers and thousands of recipients of other benefits which determine how many of our citizens are financially able to budget within the economic climate of the day.

With three new food banks opening every week in the UK, the charity that oversees Britain's 292 emergency outlets, the Trussell Trust, says it expects to feed 15,000 people over the Christmas fortnight alone, almost double the number last Christmas.

We can debate the unemployment figures till the proverbial cows come home, but the above indicates that increasing numbers of our hard-pressed citizens are finding it difficult to budget for even essential items such as food.

Apologies Ducatista, for 'going round the houses' to express my opinions - I got a bit carried away there

PS I wasn't questioning the figures you quoted, but there validity. 8-)

4. Re: Mens health vol2 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    uhhh!!!??? 'If you ride a motorbike - you will not be covered.' :-?

you'll have to explain that Del
    If you have a mortgage then you have to have life cover linked to the mortgage so the lender gets his money.

I should have said SOME companies have little clauses written into policies.
    Cover will not extend to riding motorcycles, skydiving and a few other things.

Same as critical illness policies - cheap policies will not cover you for "dangerous" hobbies.

I had to get extra insurance to cover me for the ACU national rally back in June. It was a rally so my ordinary insurance was void while doing it