Notices

Thread: ScottOiller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: ScottOiller 
    Quote Originally Posted by finbar
    Hi Ade,

I am more than happy to fit one for you and for a really tidy install I would budget for 1 1/2 hours work as a panel or two might have to come off.

As I said before I love the things, sad but it gives me a buzz when it rains and at the next stop I turn the oiler up and get home with a fully cleaned and oiled chain...no pissing around with a can of chain lube! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    So how much dose our mobile mechanic charge for this service???????????? :-?

2. Re: ScottOiller 
    Platinum Member
    The oiler units can always be fitted behind the number plate as on my Triumph.

3. Re: ScottOiller 
    Well I charge £15 p/hr so 1.5 hrs are £22.50. Fitted at my place in Calne, if you are miles away then a travelling charge will be incured.

But as I suggest a better unit for Ades application, which was approximately £20 CHEAPER and where he might find cheaper Scotoilers (he did the digging on my advice) my fitting charge was mostly negated...good aye!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

4. Re: ScottOiller 
    For what it's worth, I had one fitted to my FJ for years and it was brilliant. When the Scottoil that comes with it is used, you always have the option, as has been mentioned, to use chainsaw oil.

A neat feature that the FJ owners club sells is a delivery tube which has near the end a very small, thin bracket clamped around the tube. This is designed to be held in place by one of the bolts which secure the sprocket cover to the crankcase. This enables the oil to be delivered to the gearbox sprocket rather than the one on the rear wheel. The advantage I found is that whatever oil gets thrown off (not much if the flow rate is adjusted correctly) doesn't go onto the back wheel and there is no unsightly piping trailing down the swing arm. Will see if I can get a photo if anyone is interested.

Ed

5. Re: ScottOiller 
    Platinum Member
    yes I would be interested in a photo of the set-up you mention.