Notices

Thread: Air jackets!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Air jackets! 
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    What happens if it inflates whilst riding? They want to make all these kids on scooters where some protective clothes rather then t-shirts and shorts then start making bikers where silly life jackets
    Quite agree - they make me cringe!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Air jackets! 
    Platinum Member
    As an airbag by its nature is sealed this will make for some pretty un-comfy and sweaty riding in the summer.

What happens when pop in the garage to fuel up and forget to unplug yourself from the bike?

It will not work if you collide onto a sharp.

I will not bother going on and suspect if these were any good the would already be in use on the racetrack.

3. Re: Air jackets! 
    Platinum Member
    It's just another gimic for the government to make make money on and say how well they have done to help bikers safety

4. Re: Air jackets! 
    Diamond Member
    What about the Goldwing with the Air Bag fitted???

5. Re: Air jackets! 
    I was pretty annoyed by the blatant pop the BBC news had at us with the slant of their coverage - basically saying "bikers are a liability, they need protecting from themselves" - how did they fill the slot? showing a stuntman who wore a full MX body armour top beneath the airbag jacket thing (what's up mate, no faith in it?) falling off a 125, and some youtube on-board footage of someone riding like a twat, pulling a big wheelie past a load of traffic, then interviewing an Asian guy with his fashion statement Ducati who broke his pelvis in a crash - don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Asians, though they're not a common sight on bikes outside London, nor Ducatis (apart from them getting the superbike rules re-written specifically for their advantage AGAIN - oops, sorry, bit of a rant there :-X) - the airbag thing is aimed at protecting the torso and internal organs, it wouldn't have saved his pelvis getting broken. Couldn't they have used some of the plentiful footage of people getting knocked off their bikes in SMIDSY incidents? The old bill and CCTV have enough of that stuff, that's where those jackets might help..
    Moi? I'll stick to good leathers and a forcefield back protector thanks
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Air jackets! 
    Platinum Member
    Bump............... and another! bump :-?