Notices

Thread: Insurance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Insurance 
    Oh, I know, after being burgled last month and having my car nicked I'm really looking forward to my house and car insurance renewal dates :'( wucking fankers.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: Insurance 
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo
    I had one recently when I searched around and got a cheaper quote on a comparison site but it was the same company that I was already with :-?
    I had the same, it was cheaper online because it knocks off the admin charge, when they phoned to ask about the renewal they sent out, i quoted the online price and i got it for that

3. Re: Insurance 
    Diamond Member
    I anticipate hearing the echo from the groans of the stylus is stuck on the same old vinyl following this post.

Nevertheless, here goes; in the pursuit of profits there are many companies and businesses from all sectors resorting to sales ploys and scams, which know no moral or sometimes legal bounds. Some sales pitches are at best misleading and at worst down right lies.

Hacking into a murdered child’s phone, interest rate fixing, miss-selling million’s of payment protection plans to name but a few. All statements of facts.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that as a matter of course your loyalty to a particular company is valued and you will be rewarded accordingly. For example, despite the fact that you have been with the same credit card (phone, TV, etc) provider for twenty years they will still offer a better deal to a new customer.

As has already been stated on here, Insurance companies know only too well that a significant percentage of their existing customers will not challenge their renewal quote and Hey Presto! Big bucks for the greedy profiteers.

Think of it as a game of brag. I call it the apathy card which is the one the company is holding and they are usually bluffing with the first quote, in the hope you will throw your hand in and they take the pot.

Always ask to see their hand.