Thank you VERY VERY much!
It is advice like yours I was hoping for.

So far, I have already managed to pick up a helmet and water proof gloves (given the recent weather).

Waiting till Thursday for a new shipment of goggles to come in to my local MX shop. The new batch of goggles is supposed to allow me to wear my glasses. underneath. Hopefully without steaming up.

It was very challenging changing gears with the MX boots. I just thought it was me or that it would get easier with time. So to hear that I can get away with the Trail boots is a big relief.

I will head down to George White and have a look at what is on offer in the boots department.

As for foot size, I have big feet, big hands, a big head and you know what else is big Yep ...... my belly ;D ;D ;D
Having said that a big tool needs to be covered by a big shed!! ;D ;D ;D

So from what you have said, I am almost good to go. As soon as I get some boots I will be able to come out to play.

I will take your advice and might still get some body armour (a bit later on) as I don't seem to bounce very well and I may tend to get distracted by the scenery and run into a tree or something harder. ;D ;D

As for acquiring stuff, you are talking to a master mag pie here. Once it is shiny I like to collect, so I will try to take it easy and collect slowly as I go along.

Now I am off to go prune my watchlist on ebay ;D

Thanks again for the great advice

Dennis