Notices

Thread: Advice wanted DSLR cameras

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    Platinum Member
    Sorry! ;D Rebel XTI & Kiss are all foreign names for them, They will be grey imports. Very common in the trade for this. Canon UK will not honour any warranty on them under any circumstances so I would avoid them like the plague even though they can be a lot cheaper. Not worth the hassle mate.

2. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Don't know if they're within your budget but I really like my Canon EOS 450d. Enough automatic bits for general duties but you can set it up so everything is manual as well with lots of in between settings. I've only scratched the surface of what it can do as I've forgotten most of the theory I learnt at college.
    Nice camera Nooj but yeah their a bit more money than the 1000d

3. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    I love canon stuff, got a 450d also, but looking at the 60d as an upgrade (not for your daughter at just over £1k for the kit) so I am bias in suggesting the 1000d also.

Might be best to take her into Jessops (just dont buy from there as they cost silly amounts!) to get her to hold and play with them all and see what she likes, people like different things and if she is going to be taught to use them all properly as part of the course then to a degree its irrelevant what model/make she gets.

Check out this site though, I have bought off them and so have friends and its very good on price!

http://www.onestop-digital.com/index.php

4. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 955i_Triple
    Sorry! ;D Rebel XTI & Kiss are all foreign names for them, They will be grey imports. Very common in the trade for this. Canon UK will not honour any warranty on them under any circumstances so I would avoid them like the plague even though they can be a lot cheaper. Not worth the hassle mate.

Thanks for that mate

5. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    Platinum Member
    Now sorted

Managed to pick her up a Canon EOS 450D DSLR with lens kit, bag and 8gb memory card [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

was a bit more than I had originally wanted to spend but it is a higher spec camera so should be ok :

6. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    Good choice, I have the same and managed to produce these so she is good to go for College at least!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...p;l=8dbb551212

7. Re: Advice wanted DSLR cameras 
    Platinum Member
    And when she's learnt how to use it, she can come and teach me :-)
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation