Notices

Thread: Rear Tyre choice?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Rear Tyre choice? 
    oh and something to add to your list snowy. the new rules are if your vehicle is running with 50% or greater of illegal tires (ie below tread depth minimum) than they can confiscate the vehicle. on our bikes thats like umm... one bold tire! lol. better keep those tires legal lads and ladettes!

2. Re: Rear Tyre choice? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1312967045/23#23 date=1313076573]Thanks Caz - some good deals there!
    I spent ages searching the net for my tyres - the trouble is often by the time you've paid to have them fitted any saving you get from buying online is lost.

I got a great deal and service from Melksham Tyre Supplies when I had an Avon fitted on my CBR last month and brilliant ride in ride out service from Carson Tyres in Melksham with a Bridgestone tyre last week. [/quote]

I have been quoted by Protyres £10 per wheel to have the tyres fitted

3. Re: Rear Tyre choice? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline
    [quote author=Nikki link=1312967045/24#24 date=1313077715][quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1312967045/23#23 date=1313076573]Thanks Caz - some good deals there!
    I spent ages searching the net for my tyres - the trouble is often by the time you've paid to have them fitted any saving you get from buying online is lost.

I got a great deal and service from Melksham Tyre Supplies when I had an Avon fitted on my CBR last month and brilliant ride in ride out service from Carson Tyres in Melksham with a Bridgestone tyre last week. [/quote]

I have been quoted by Protyres £10 per wheel to have the tyres fitted [/quote]

Sorry to be blunt here but I wouldn't use Protyre if I was paid too. A very bad experience shall we say.

4. Re: Rear Tyre choice? 
    Diamond Member
    Caz, my tyre fitter charges me that as well - seems to be the going rate. tenner or a kebab! lol

5. Re: Rear Tyre choice? 
    Rode a bike wi Dunlop sportmax qualifier tyres this weekend, the grip was brilliant, even in the damp. Very very impressed with them, felt really sticky and great feedback
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers