Notices

Thread: Sv650S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Sv650S 
    Platinum Member
    V Twins are great. I ride the SV's ugly sister the TL1000 and the torque is superb. Completely different from my Triple and a 4 cylinder bike but very good fun. I wouldnt worry too much about weight as im 6'2 and 16.5 stone and the SV's I have ridden havent batted an eyelid with me on them. As Gerry says the noise they make with after market cans on is superb. The only thing to watch is the engine breaking as there is so much torque that you can lock the back wheel up if you come down too many gears at once. My TL is fitted with a slipper clutch to stop that happening but not sure the SV's have that, maybe the newer ones did? Best thing to do is get your leg over one and have a go itll certainly put a smile on your face.

2. Re: Sv650S 
    Platinum Member
    Looks like Motorcycle mania in Frome to me
    If it is there will most probably be a bit of room for negotiations on that price mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Sv650S 
    all the news is great:P im going to stick with it! and yes it is good guess :P and yeah he will drop it im sure. but i have to trade in my wr to pay for it and i wanted to keep it :P

4. Re: Sv650S 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias5571
    oh yeah! insurance is group 10, and this bike has the viper full system without the db killer in! it has the panel savers, iridium front shield and lots of other littles too, 19k on a 2001 plate. and mint condition. it runs perfectly! its up for 2k but what you all think ?
    Hmmm, that sounds a bit pricey to be honest - if it was totally standard and in mint condition it could be worth it - extras and bolt-on bling very rarely add value to a bike and I'd ask for a dB killer for the exhaust as well, if it's excessively loud it could fail MoTs and get you pulled. Still, if you want it, then go for it and I hope you're very happy with it.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Sv650S 
    I agree with Scotty.... that seems pricy for a K1 and the extras don't add value. Ask if they have the oem bits as well... they should thow those in with the sale to.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Sv650S 
    Diamond Member
    so whats the crack with these sv 650s 's iv been told good and bad alot of people say they are fast and some say they are slow. same again with handing? i think i understand the difference between a noobie and a pro rider but surly there is some medium???? and reliability... issues people issues!!!!!!!!

I have an sv and am in utter love with him. I'm using the gixxer at the mo because the sv's tyres are gone and can't afford to replace them. I cannot recommend an sv enough. They are not slow bikes as such,they take a bit longer on the acceleration, so you get there a bit slower, if you see what I mean. Once I put the tyres and wear them in you're more than welcome to try him.

7. Re: Sv650S 
    Diamond Member
    Well again guys im impressed at this speed and knowladgable reply! even if i dont look it, i do weigh 15.8 stone (nearly hundred kg) but i dont think this should stop me i'm just worried about my weight effecting the cornering but with the shock change (which sounds like it will have to hoppen) i should be just fine

The guy that fixes mine is heavier than you, and he managed 110 out of him.

8. Re: Sv650S 
    Sold!

9. Re: Sv650S 
    Diamond Member
    Sold!

You won't regret it!

10. Re: Sv650S 
    Was thinking of getting an SV650 restricted for my next bike, many thanks for asking many of the questions I myself had Tobias!

One more thing I'd like to know if anyone can answer it for me, whats the performance like with a restricted SV650? (acceleration, top speed etc)

Cheers.