Notices

Thread: insurance quoting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: insurance quoting 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexx0r
    Just to confirm, due to vehicle and insurance differences.
    Claims do made on a CAR or visa versa do not need to be declared.

They are now subject to total different underwriting, hence why NCD cannot be shared. Its utter bollocks if any insurer says otherwise. I work in insurance, and know this for a fact.
    so you are saying i do not have to declare my car claims on my bike insurance? what would happen if i called the company involved....it is carole nash and said i do not have to declare my car claims??

2. Re: insurance quoting 
    Diamond Member
    Whenever I get quotes I'm always asked if I have made any claims in the last 5 years. The question is never made specific between a car or a bike claim and is worded the same for car and bike quotes.

3. Re: insurance quoting 
    Carole Nash are very specific in their T's & C's. If you go on their website and look up Insurance FAQ's, it's the first one question on the list - yes, car claims do have to be declared.

I suppose it doesn't really matter what other companies have as policy; if you choose to go with CN, you have to accept their rules.

4. Re: insurance quoting 
    Platinum Member
    ebike wording is motoring claims and includes car claims.

I suggest you call the company comcerned.
    Do not rely on what people say on websites.
    It's your responsibility to get it right and if you get it wrong you are liable to have claims refused and even insurance refused.
    If you have insurance refused you will have to declare it FOREVER and this will be a stigma that will cost you dear.
    So don't take the risk of getting it wrong.
    If you don't know then ask them.

If there are companies that don't want to know about car claims, then plese do let us know the names.

5. Re: insurance quoting 
    Diamond Member
    I would imagine there is also a requirement to tell your bike insurers if you have 11 points on your license from speeding even if they were all earned driving a car. Insurers are in the business of evaluating risk and charging you accordingly. I would be sure your driving history, be it with bike or car, for speeding or accidents, is very relevant to calculating that risk and therefore in quoting for an insurance product for a bike or car.

6. Re: insurance quoting 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    ebike wording is motoring claims and includes car claims.

I suggest you call the company comcerned.
    Do not rely on what people say on websites.
    It's your responsibility to get it right and if you get it wrong you are liable to have claims refused and even insurance refused.
    If you have insurance refused you will have to declare it FOREVER and this will be a stigma that will cost you dear.
    So don't take the risk of getting it wrong.
    If you don't know then ask them.

If there are companies that don't want to know about car claims, then plese do let us know the names.
    Good words and very true!Too much "hearsay" flying around.If in doubt ask the Insurance company. I for one hate the "Bull*hit" between no-claims for bikes and cars and declarations,but the laws the law and who am I to "rock the boat". :-/