Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
Just like to point out that on Friday last week I had to drive a tracked excavator down a residential street and it was caked in mud.
I cleaned as much off as possible before and then spent half an hour cleaning up the mess on the road.
This is part of my job and a legal requirement. Why farmers think they're exempt and that the onus is put on the road user is beyond me.
There seems to be a deeply ingrained arogance in the farming comunity where they feel their job is harder/more important than anyone elses.
The old ‘red herring’ ‘Townies don’t understand the rural way of life’ argument which often pops up from the farming community, and was used by the hunting fraternity at the time of the fox hunting debate, doesn’t wash with me I’m afraid.

I understand very well that mud on the road is no different to diesel spillages in terms of the potential risk to all road users, especially bikers, and could cause accidents resulting in serious injuries or death. Dan, farmers get away with it because too many of us accept/tolerate it.