People have lost sight of the difference between what we want, and what we need. We need to have basic facilities - roofs over heads, running water, basic food etc. However people seem to think that they 'need' all the other luxuries in life.

I'm guilty, as much as others, of living outside my means at times, justifying my spend habits with all sorts of reasons, but when you compare how easy we have it as a society to other countries that are genuinly struggling, I think we have more important things to worry about than fuel prices.

Since I'm clearly uneducated, stupid and ignorant, then feel free to ignore my ideas, but I would have a duel tariff for petrol/diesel. One for business use, and one for personal. Tax should be reduced on business tarriff fuel (you could have specific pumps set up like the debit/credit card pumps, but for fuel cards) to make things easier for struggling industries who already have to pay high business tax rates, and then we can justify the higher tax rates on our personal fuel for our bikes, sports cars etc that are 'toys'. Even family cars should pay the higher rates - perhaps then joe bloggs will think twice before giving his overweight kids a lift to school in the chelsea tractor, rather than making them walk and get fitter/healthier etc. Yes, this is a generalisation, but if the latest stats about overweight & underfit kids are to be believed, one that's not far from the truth.

The sad fact is, when it comes to backbone, none of our political parties have any really. It's always the 'poll winner' policies that get advertised, with no-one willing to deal with many of the true issues making the economy colapse such as benefit fraud, immigration, the fact that it's better for many people to be on the dole than have jobs to name & discipline in our schools and young people but a few.

If we could get those things sorted out, get out of the EU, and stop interfering in other countries business & politics, then we could comfortably lower the tax on fuel as it wouldn't need to be so high to support the stupid decisions of our so called leaders.