Notices

Thread: New Bike Test

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: New Bike Test 
    Diamond Member
    I agree Iceman

2. Re: New Bike Test 
    The whole thing's a piss take. Road safety my arse, there have been at least 12 crashes in the first four days of the new test - all on the avoidance manoeuvre.

Test didn't need to be any more challenging, what should have happened is the introduction of mandatory post test training for all road users. Most road users seem to think that holding a licence is a right rather than a privelege and think that they can just switch off as soon as they have passed their test. At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart (I'm not, really) driving/riding should be about constantly updating your skills and knowledge, not just carrying on regardless. It really pisses me off when I get experienced drivers coming for training and I have to teach them what should be fairly basic roadcraft.

CBT is currently undergoing it's 4th (I think) review and will probably be updated in 2010, hopefully with the inclusion of a requirement for theory test.

No point writing to your MP, as the DSA is THE world's most arrogant organisation, who firmly believe that people are crashing (and being seriously hurt) through either their own fault, or the fault of their instructor.

If the new test wasn't enough to put some people off learning to ride, then the negative publicity about it certainly will.

The HSE are allegedly now getting involved, so anyone wishing to do a test should do so sooner rather than later as I can see HSE suspending all testing pending a full enquiry.

Finally, I apologise for hijacking this topic, good luck with your next test, speed requirement is pants )

3. Re: New Bike Test 
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    I wish the car test was also made a lot more challenging complete with CBTs' as well!
    Quite right! Does the car test involve the hazard perception thing now? I hope some of the hazards depicted are bikes.

I think there should be periodic refresher tests too---say every 10 years when you have to renew the photocard. It's so easy to get in to bad habits.

4. Re: New Bike Test 
    My son went to Bristol today and passed with no faults but he did say it was scary having to redline a 125 in second gear just to reach the required speed through the trap. He managed it though first time hitting 54 kph on the swerve and 56 kph on the emergency stop.

I must admit I was worried while he was away doing it after he high sided on the school's bike at 35 mph while practising the ES in the morning, but he was well looked after by Mark Able.

5. Re: New Bike Test 
    Good to hear that Bobf279 [smiley=thumbsup.gif] well done to him.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: New Bike Test 
    A petition has been started to have the swerve test removed from module 1 if you want to sign up it is here;

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/stopswerve/

7. Re: New Bike Test 
    Diamond Member
    Signed

8. Re: New Bike Test 
    ONFIRE
    Not Signed as am in favour of the new test [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: New Bike Test 
    Signed. New test is a complete farse!! >

10. Re: New Bike Test 
    Platinum Member
    Good luck with your re booked test, dont forget to let us know as soon as you pass!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]