Notices

Thread: Own Up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Own Up 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    with the closure of 90% of the by-ways across UK its gonna happen more and more and more....
    why should i tax, insured, and mot my offroader, if there isnt anywhere to ride it...

LOTS of people have now sold their legal bikes, stopped insuring them, and ride illegally, why dont the government ENCOURAGE people to get their bikes taxed, mot'd and insured by opening ALL of the by-ways again?????.......

50% of the byways round our way were shut to motors, this has resulted in the path being overgrown to the extent that you cant even SEE it, let alone walk it or get a horse down it, now the walkers/horsey mob are demanding that the council pay to have them cut, which AINT gonna happen! (bikes and landrovers used to keep the growth back) so theyve shot themselves int he foot (4 feet if its a horse).... and it bloody well serves them right....

rant over.

Not often I agree with Jaydee but if there was a like button on this forum this would be getting that tick ! Well said kebab gobbler!

2. Re: Own Up 
    I use the ridgeway quiet a lot, in past years it was for training to do the Moonwalk and now it's training for the bike ride in Kenya.
    I've come off the bike a few times because I've not seen a deep rut because it's grassed over, and so far I've been lucky with a soft landing (no, no hedges have been involved!)
    Unfortunately it's the minority on both sides that cause antagonism, I've yet to see anyone on 2 wheels offroading, but when 4x4's go past I've stopped as it's easier for me to give way and I always smile and have mostly got a smile back
    If anything it's the planks who are out walking dogs that they don't keep under control that cause me most grief >
    Maybe I am just too aware of life being to short to get uppity, I'll happily share paths and byways with other considerate people after all it's not up to me to say who can or can't use them!
    [smiley=engel017.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Own Up 
    Diamond Member
    I came across this very same issue when I lived in the Highlands. It seemed that everyone was against off-roaders. I have to be honest and say that it was a few mindless, helmetless idiots who showed total disregard for other users of the tracks who caused such animosity towards the off-road biking fraternity.

4. Re: Own Up 
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieD
    Maybe I am just too aware of life, being too short to get uppity....
    Anyone can get uppity Jackie, even shorties... ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Own Up 
    ;D ;D
    I even checked to make sure I didnt type it like that : :
    Scotty, I should ban you for tampering with my post! ;D
    It's Lilac... not pink!