Notices

Thread: Tank Bag or Tail Pack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR600Dude
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1276115842/15#18 date=1276542842][quote author=roxychick link=1276115842/0#1 date=1276116162]I have a US10 & US20 Kriega tailpack..totally waterproof and big enough for overnight plus you can just add to them when you need more luggage.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Not totally water proof. Only the main bag is. I found this out when my document photocopies got mushed after a days riding in the rain. Still the best luggage i've ever used though.[/quote]

The US10's should be waterproof as well. Need to make sure you fold the top over at least twice and make sure the opening at the back of the bike.

Totally recommend Kiega never had a problem with it.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    [/quote]
    You've obviously never used it in heavy rain. As i said only the main bag (the part you fold over) is waterproof. The other pockets aren't they are only showerproof. Hence the soggy documents.

2. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    Or, subsribe to fast bikes and get it free and you get bike mags as well.

That's what I did and I got the US20 and 12 months subscription for £36 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Just bought the rag to do exactly that, seems that the new offer is a crappy beany hat instead. Definately not waterproof!!

3. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Quote Originally Posted by moohatchi
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1276115842/15#15 date=1276365848]Or, subsribe to fast bikes and get it free and you get bike mags as well.

That's what I did and I got the US20 and 12 months subscription for £36 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Just bought the rag to do exactly that, seems that the new offer is a crappy beany hat instead. Definately not waterproof!![/quote]

Robbed!!! ;D

I've got an RST textile Jacket, US20 Tail Pack, and some tools, all of which I got from subscribing to some bike magazines that I buy anyway [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Diamond Member
    if anyone wants to borrow a tank bag ive got one i dont use....

5. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Steve_H...
    Just ordered the Kriega for myself, couldn't find anything better online, but guess that really depends on what your riding. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Just got a great Oxford Tail Pack from GW's (with free bungees thrown in!) - just right for an overnight stay (i.e Wales) - £20 [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'm happy enough! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Just fitted to bike and works well as I have a Givi rack that 2 of the bungees fit well too and the other 2 fit well on the pillion pegs.

7. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    I have an old tank bag that I no longer use, free to anyone who wants it. It is an old one but does the job fine (well it did that last time I used it) but don't expect magnets or anything that modern ok?

I'm hooked on Kriega tailpacks, brilliant [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Diamond Member
    I recommend my nike rucksack ;D Not waterproof, sure but cheap and so handy!

9. Re: Tank Bag or Tail Pack 
    Thanks for the input guys got myself a Keiga US30 tailpack and its good kit. Even came in the same colour as my bike! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]