Notices

Thread: When did this happen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: When did this happen? 
    Platinum Member
    I got a nice scribble on my license and a £60 fine for doing 35 in a 30 a few years ago, so I'd say the 10%+2 or what ever is purely discretionary. I was flashed by a Gatso, so received no discretion whatsoever.

I was given the opportunity to do one of the silly courses then, but it would have cost me more than the fine in fees and travel, plus a days holiday from work. Utterly pointless waste of time.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

2. Re: When did this happen? 
    my first 3 points about 10 years ago was for doing 34 in a 30 in cardiff.

the power of gatso >

3. Re: When did this happen? 
    Diamond Member
    I thought even with a gatso, you could go to court rather than just accept the fine/points? Is that not the case?

4. Re: When did this happen? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    I thought even with a gatso, you could go to court rather than just accept the fine/points? Is that not the case?
    In a word, yes. When you receive the notification of bring caught, which should be within 14 days, you have a number of options including electing to go to court. Most people don't because you run the risk of receiving a greater fine and more points than a ticket, the evidence is very conclusive and difficult to challenge, and a court appearance could take all day.