Notices

Thread: New Minimum wage £0.00?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Swanny you are so right.
    the problem has been simmering for a generation or so.
    as far as i am concerned thatcherism is to blame.
    in empowering people (allegedly) an air of belief inentitlement was created without the backup to fulfill that belief.the failure to get across that you have to put something in to get something out is where it all went wrong.

but thats politics...tell them what they want to hear and make promises that can never be a reality,knowing they wont or cant read the get out clause in the smallprint.

how many people bought shares in something they already owned only to find the power of being a shareholder was irrelevant to the corporates

it will never be any better until the cycle is broken.

2. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    So it’s not just all the youngsters that have failed, but their parents and our schools too? :-X

That's how it looks to me ;D

3. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishbob
    Swanny you are so right.
    the problem has been simmering for a generation or so.
    as far as i am concerned thatcherism is to blame.
    in empowering people (allegedly) an air of belief inentitlement was created without the backup to fulfill that belief.the failure to get across that you have to put something in to get something out is where it all went wrong.

but thats politics...tell them what they want to hear and make promises that can never be a reality,knowing they wont or cant read the get out clause in the smallprint.

how many people bought shares in something they already owned only to find the power of being a shareholder was irrelevant to the corporates

it will never be any better until the cycle is broken.

The system has been set up to fail. All part of their plan.

4. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Bad parenting and bad schooling are to blame
    The C.B.I. site [ http://www.cbi.org.uk/business-issue...on-and-skills/ ]states :-

The number of employers who are dissatisfied with school and college leavers’ basic skills remains stuck at around a third – the same as a decade ago – with 42% reporting that they have had to provide remedial training for school and college leavers.

If this is what the business sector are saying, and have been for some time, then it is quite obvious the 'product' sent out by the teachers is inadequate and they have to accept that they must improve 'product quality'.....

.....admittedly, in some cases, the initial offering presented for them to deal with is far below satisfactory which is also a growing problem and ultimately cost i.e. more tax : but this is arguably also due to poor education levels and failure of the 'product' to achieve any level useful to society other than that of 'random breeder' ;D

It's been raining ........ again

I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Diamond Member
    Col, I think the key to unlock the door in this debate lies in the word, ‘product’. >

Let’s hope the ‘product’ doesn’t develop a mind of its own as we may see a real-life repeat of the scenes from the “Stepford Wives.” :P ;D

Ye all this rain is doing my swede in. >

6. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Banned
    Anyway the good news is that the Queen's annual pay is about to jump by 20 percent from 30 to 36 million pounds.

As if she needs more money.....

7. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Best say nowt as I might get an insult from that ray of sunshine fatbob :..........bollox think I will

Yeah Swanny it is payment from Crown Estates that did well the last year especially from the Marine Estate and sea wind turbines according to article I read....also 85% of Crown Estate profit goes to the Treasury apparently

;D ;D just found out this is less than half of what was paid in 1991
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Banned
    How about putting the money in to the health service rather than in her bank?? I'm sure she would be happy to know that she is helping her subjects