I agree with Ken in that long-term concerted non-violent direct action is the only way that anything may be achieved. Politically we're minnows, we don't have many friends who will fight our corner for us and the government aren't doing anything noticeable to stem the tide of repressive legislation against motorcycling in general.

We should follow the lead of the FFMC in France and make a nuisance of ourselves with proper actions that will make people sit up and take notice. Who cares about making ourselves unpopular? We aren't popular now anyway so we have nothing to lose but our liberties. Action must be properly organised on a sound basis against legislation that is actually going to be implemented, unlike the recent half-arsed slow ride on the motorways against hi-vis stuff that wasn't being considered by the government in the first place. With the Olympics in town this summer there will be a lot of attention on the UK and the powers that be won't want the boat rocking so it's motorcycling's best opportunity to make a stand and try to prevent the pastime being denied to anyone under the age of 24. Who remembers how much fun they had in their teens and early twenties? I do and it was great, I had very little money but I lived for my bikes and wouldn't have missed it for the world.