Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJo
[quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1288979633/34#34 date=1297429322][quote author=swarwick link=1288979633/32#32 date=1297428400]

I would love to go back to work, but what's the point if after the first month I would be £200 down?
The point is, for me anyway (and I had to do exactly that!) that I kept my pride and could say I worked for what I had, even if it was less than benefits. I can live on £15 a week if I need to. That's what Asda smartprice and Tesco value is for.

I don't NEED my motorbike, I don't NEED my tele, I don't NEED most of the things I own that cost money to have or run. I NEED food, water and a warm place to sleep. We have become so used to living with our luxuries, we have forgotten what it's like to ever actually NEED something.

Speak to people who teach, or some of the families that I speak to doing my fostering training etc, or some of the kids my mum fostered. Then you'll know what it's like to need.

You can live easily on basic wage - millions do every day. They just have to forfeit some of lifes little luxuries until they can afford them again.

I'm not pointing any fingers, and am aware my views may be taken as aggressive. No intent to offend. But the other night we were all the pub drinking and eating. If you were really poor Hunar, you couldn't afford to do that.

We, as people, have lost the sense of pride that comes with having a job and working for what you have, no matter how small or no matter how much we'd be better off on benefits. Sorry, that's not for me.[/quote]

+1 - well put. [/quote]

rofl