I know I said I’d shut up but…

All I was doing was trying to encourage Icey to move forward. If she is happy pottering around on her 125 forever and a day she can as far as I’m concerned. Oh, no hang on, you can’t do that any more can you? You have to take your test in a specified timescale I believe or you are off the road. So what would a test achieve? Maybe a sense of satisfaction of achievement and of not having to keep cycling through the CBT thing (whatever its called) with its associated expense - surly that makes the test worth doing? If you then don’t want to get rid of the 125 that is your choice. Iceys 125 would hammer one of my old bikes into the ground on speed brakes lights & handling – but I don’t care, I ride it ‘cos I like it.

If you read the route for the Ace we are only using a short stretch of motorway to make it easier, having the full licence gives us that choice.

I don’t attach any stigma to L plates and I think you will find that all of us on here have used them in the past and were pleased to get rid of them – whatever we ride nowadays.

BB