Notices

Thread: Great ride out in late summer weather

1. Great ride out in late summer weather 
    Yesterday (Sat 7th Oct) Chicky and I fancied making the most of the decent weather as who knows how much more we'll be treated to this season? We rode up from the New Forest to visit Basil and Tash, former owners of the Polebarn for a cuppa. We went reasonably directly, up the A36, through Salisbury and then up the A360 Devizes road. Traffic wasn't too bad, and we saw heaps of other bikes out, riders enjoying the weather too. We were in good time so we turned left at West Lavington and made the most of the Bratton road (B3098), and head up to Trowbridge from the edge of Westbury.

Following a couple of brews and a good catch up we headed off and took a more scenic route home - around Frome as far as the Maiden Bradley road, then from Gillingham down to East Stoke to pick up the A30 and make progress along the nicely surfaced twisty bit to Shaftesbury. Emergency pee stop at Tesco (isn't getting old a pain in the arse?) and then up Zig Zag Hill and back towards the Forest along the excellent B3081.

After crossing the Blandford road I remarked to Chicky (got intercoms now, see, an actual benefit of getting old ha!ha!) that it felt great to out with my best riding buddy on a lovely sunny evening, and it was indeed. Probably one of our most enjoyable rides of the year, and great to travel some favourite roads for the first time in ages. 😎🏍🏍👍
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Glad you had a nice ride out, passed the end of my road through Alderholt on the B3081. We were also out, a 160 mile loop to Lyme Regis and back, loads of other bikes out, it was more like the start of Summer than the end

Chatterbox
    Sounds fabulous Scotty
    The 3081 is gorgeous.
    Everything else is shyte

Great to see you last weekend Scotty
    Last edited by CharleyX; 22-10-23 at 10:59 AM.