Notices

Thread: Insurance Question

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

I had the same a few years back, accident where woman clipped the front of my car. She actually got out and said sorry I am wearing flip flops and my foot slipped. So insurance claim against her, then my premium goes up, I ask why and get the same response as Roy - you have been involved in an accident then you are likely to be involved in an accident again.
    I said so if someone overtakes me dangerously, then I am more likely to overtake someone dangerously. The response was no thats not what I am saying!

It also affected my bike insurance as well at the time, this was crazy....I asked why does the car incident affect my bike insurance, the reply we have to take it into account. I said I have more NCB on my car can I use that on my bike....you can guess the answer. The reason I always questions quotes...Like you say Roy a mad world.

Did anyone use Direct Line?
    I'm in search of a good insurance company. The prices have jumped, so the price matters more than it used to be. I've already found the contacts of the direct line customer service here and I'm going to call them for details. But of course, it wuold be great to find out real people's experiences first.

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger?
    Last edited by Kevin; 26-02-24 at 12:20 AM.

[QUOTE=Kevin;493250]Did anyone use Direct Line?

My wife has used Direct Line for car insurance for years, easy to deal with and only claim she's had was dealt with quickly and, in our opinion, fairly. No experience with bike insurance with them though

I have just had my renewal quote come through......It was ?363 last year and this years renewal quote is ?537. I am currently with Bennetts, done some quotes this afternoon and Hastings Direct is cheapest so far at ?457. May have to check Direct Line....

Insurance prices have jumped this year for sure.....

Well quick update the quotes on line were cheaper with less excess, called Bennetts and guess what excess dropped and price dropped from ?537 to ?407... happy with that as the cheapest I could find online was ?452.

It pays to call them up still....

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Well quick update the quotes on line were cheaper with less excess, called Bennetts and guess what excess dropped and price dropped from ?537 to ?407... happy with that as the cheapest I could find online was ?452.

It pays to call them up still....
    Well done mate, with those price drops you will be able to buy a new bike... oh wait !
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    Well done mate, with those price drops you will be able to buy a new bike... oh wait !

Ha ha - its your turn to buy a new bike.....lol

Well done.
    Always good to ring them up and discuss/haggle if you can, especially when armed with a 'like for like' quote from another company.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Well done.
    Always good to ring them up and discuss/haggle if you can, especially when armed with a 'like for like' quote from another company.
    Still amazes me how they never give you the best quote to start with, also got them to remove auto renewal.

Well my Insurance renewal came through and it has gone up......by 76 pence to 274.95
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It