Notices

Thread: Insurance Question

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    MCe seems cheap and cheerful
    MCE always had a bad rep for paying ot a few years ago.
    I know its old news but you may want to check this out
    https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-sto...administration

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...o-administrat/

with regard to MCE although I do like the idea of their New pay per mile insurance [Subscribe and Ride] but they dont tell you how much per mile they will charge you and as it goes vi your moble if it aint compatible then eff you mate !
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post

with regard to MCE although I do like the idea of their New pay per mile insurance [Subscribe and Ride] but they dont tell you how much per mile they will charge you and as it goes vi your moble if it aint compatible then eff you mate !
    how does that work if your bikes nicked out your garage?

Hmm - Not sure about that Pay per mile, you kind of do that now when they ask how many you expect to do. Sounds too complicated to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Hmm - Not sure about that Pay per mile, you kind of do that now when they ask how many you expect to do. Sounds too complicated to me.
    you have to have a widget on your bike that records mileage useing GPS and then it sends the data to MCE via your phone and they bill you monthly, so roughly ?90 a year plus mileage charges.
    but they say it does not record speed etc.....yeah right oh mate

you have to have a widget on your bike that records mileage useing GPS and then it sends the data to MCE via your phone and they bill you monthly, so roughly ?90 a year plus mileage charges.
    Agree mate...am sure it only records mileage

Yeah, right!

If you are happy where you are it's always worth asking them what there best price is otherwise you are going elsewhere. Used to ring up Carole Nash each year and the minute you identified yourself the price went down! I suspect if you bother to ring to renew it sets an alarm off for them.

I'm with RH who have just been taken over by another mob so who knows what renewal will be next time round, sigh...

I thought there was talk of them all agreeing that new customers would not get better deals than existing renewals? Or hasn't that happened yet?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Strangely, in the post today was the insurance quote from Carole Nash for a single bike of mine I have insured for myself and a friend who occasionally rides it. Last years price was ?76.14, fully comp, this years price (no changes except the usual year older for the us and the bike) is ?131.21! Cough!!. Broker fee is a staggering ?35 - same as last year.
    Last edited by BB; 13-03-23 at 09:14 PM.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Strangely, in the post today was the insurance quote from Carole Nash for a single bike of mine I have insured for myself and a friend who occasionally rides it. Last years price was ?76.14, fully comp, this years price (no changes except the usual year older for the us and the bike) is ?131.21! Cough!!. Broker fee is a staggering ?35 - same as last year.
    My Insurance has actually gone down, good ol Bemoto
    oh wait..it may be coz i am an old f art
    Last edited by BB; 13-03-23 at 09:14 PM.

Platinum Member
    My Insurance has actually gone down, good ol Bemoto
    oh wait..it may be coz i am an old f art
    Work this one out, the insurance on my car and all my bikes have all gone up by approximately 15% because I was involved in a car accident 18 months ago, I was in no way to blame, for my part the accident was 100% unavoidable, the other driver admitted fault, the claim was made against his insurance company, he was successfully prosecuted for dangerous driving and for causing serious injury by dangerous driving, all my no claims was protected and yet I still end up getting well and truly shafted for the next 6 year by the insurance company's, why? Well apparently because I was involved in 1 car accident I’m more likely to be involved in another, yeah like I enjoyed the event so much I think il go looking for another boy racer who’s just passed his test and thinks it’s ok to overtake at 80mph on a blind bend! We live in a mad world.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 14-03-23 at 09:45 AM.