Notices

Thread: CB 900f

1. CB 900f 
    Hi guys .got a question for you all been offered a 2003 Honda CB 900f hornet has not but has 60000 on the clock is that a lot of mileage for one. Just worried it's a bit high .cheers

Depends whether it has been looked after. Is good for twice that mileage but if thrashed (quite likely) and badly serviced, I wouldn't touch it !
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Chatterbox
    Can you find out any history of it ?
    Honda’s are strong lumps but regular sympathetic maintenance is the key to longevity
    Everything else is shyte

All you can do is ask as many questions as possible, and hope that you get truthful answers. Fortunately they're a sound engine design that will go forever if the oil & filter have been regularly changed. Budget time (& money) for a valve clearance check, shouldn't be too bad unless they've been allowed to close up through neglect (in which case valves and seats can burn out - more expense, though the engine's basically an early FireBlade unit so spares will be plentiful. Listen to see if the valve gear is very quiet, and establish if it's difficult to start when hot - those can be tell-tales of tight clearances). Brakes, suspension and bearings may be tired, but they're easily refreshed or improved upon. If the price is right it could be a good doer-upper.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen