Notices

Thread: Waaaaaayyyyyyyy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    How goes the joint repair Trev, You back out & about ?
    I've got op Monday 20th, should be minor, cleaning up a tear to the meniscus and sorting some 'rough edges' on cartlidge but I'm in two minds whether to get it done now though as it feels so much better over the last few weeks. I'm walking normally and actually hired a bike for a week while we were in Tenerife, an Enfield Interceptor 650, and it felt fine. The surgeon says it won't repair on it's own and I'm inclined to agree as it's taken months to get to this stage and even now I wouldn't feel confident enough to try to run on it or any green-laning or an activity that might cause a sudden twist. If I have the op and it goes okay then it will be a few days on crutches/not driving, 2 - 3 weeks before I can ride a bike but will have to be careful.

I've got a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon so will get the Guzi V85 out or a spin and see where I end up. MOT time next week, Himalayan and Guzzi Bobber, want to get them done before the Op as I'm going to sell the Bobber, hardly rode it at all last year, I think 250 miles all told. Might sell the gixer thou as well as never used that at all last year.

Chatterbox

I’m busy with stuff the next few weekends anyway, but after your fixed, fancy a coffee up @ Compton Abbas for a catch up ?
    Everything else is shyte

I’m busy with stuff the next few weekends anyway, but after your fixed, fancy a coffee up @ Compton Abbas for a catch up ?

Yeah that would be good, get a coffee in before Guy Ritchie closes it all down

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Yeah that would be good, get a coffee in before Guy Ritchie closes it all down
    Haha

I really hope he doesn’t….
    Everything else is shyte

Haha

I really hope he doesn’t….
    Me too, count me in for a coffee too.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Yesterday I got out for my 1st proper ride since my car accident 18 months ago, only managed about 45 mins but baby steps turn into big steps as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Yesterday I got out for my 1st proper ride since my car accident 18 months ago, only managed about 45 mins but baby steps turn into big steps as they say

Now that is some good news for a Monday, soon be back out joining us on ride outs

Result. as you say baby steps
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    That’s great news Badger
    Everything else is shyte

The airfield is currently closed to visiting aircraft (resident ones can still fly) and the cafe is closed for renovations. It's supposed to reopen mid March but there is some scepticism that it will, I'm seeing a mate of mine for the Himmy MOT tomorrow and he has a plane there (doing him a bit of a disservice with that description, it's a 1930's tri engined art deco thing that used to belong to an American General) so I'll get the latest from him. If it's not open when we catch up then there are plenty of other decent stops within 10/15 minutes that we can use.