My bloody knee is still giving me grief (nearly five months now) so much so that I've really cut back my riding over the last couple of months but couldn't resist getting out on the Himalayan yesterday to clear the cobwebs. Keiss waistcoat, heated grips and michelin man layers pretty much sorted the cold, apart from the wind chill into the open face hat, but the cold greasy roads weren't great on the knobblies. The front Conti TKC80 didn't give me any funny moments but I have to admit that the Maxxis M6006 on the rear isn't the best idea I've had for Winter roads. It's the first time I've ever had the himmy 'spin up' pulling out of a junction, admittedly right at the start of the ride so stone cold but it's nigh on impossible to get the lump to break traction on a muddy green lane so to slide out on tarmac was a whole new experience and not one that filled me with joy.

I only did about an hour and half, all back roads and lanes with a very tentative short ride along a very muddy byeway and probably covered less than thirty miles but it was a great feeling to be out on a bike and I was refreshed and relaxed when I got home. and of course the best bit is that the himmy is a no clean zone so just give the chain a quirt of lube and bung it back in the garage ready for next time. Roll on knee recovery, in the meantime I may admit my error and sort another TKC80 for the rear to give me at least half a chance on Winter roads