Notices

Thread: Green lane /off road

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Lucus, nothing to pay for using Salisbury Plain TA, in fact I think it's illegal to make money from any ventures on mod land.As far as clothing goes normal road kit isn't really ideal. Leathers are far to restrictive. Adventure type textiles would be ok, or any form of enduro/ motorcross kit. Sturdy boots with good ankle protection and sole grip are a must. Another must have are a few tools and spares (brake/ clutch levers, chain link, ) If you run inner tubes then at least 1 spare ( usually a front as this can make do on rear even if rear is smaller diameter. A few tyre levers also handy. Bikes are known to get broken beyond roadside repair so aa/rac recovery handy. Even fairly easy byeways are physically demanding so plenty of fluid is needed. Where abouts are you based so that I can work out an entry point to the plain that's convenient to both of us. At present Sat 29 or Sun 30 oct look ok. In the mean time take a look online at the SPTA information which outlines what we can and can't do and what is expected of us.

Forgot to add that I wouldn't do any greenlaning without full body armour, we all have offs, but even at low speed bone & stone don't mix well.

I'm based in melksham.have tools and inner tubes but no spare levers .also no boots only my army ones that have ankle protection I have a gortex jacket and trousers

Clothing is purely down to what you think is adequate. As far as tyre levers go I don't have them as I run tyre mooses. Could meet at cafe/lay-by near Trowbridge rugby club. Which day suits you best.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasZxr600 View Post
    I'm based in melksham.have tools and inner tubes but no spare levers .also no boots only my army ones that have ankle protection I have a gortex jacket and trousers
    I'd get cheap boots that go well above the ankle (with something fairly stiff/hard to prevent crushing from the sides). They don't need fancy features as you will wreck them alot faster than road riding. I've found low speed moments of stupid when everything is muddy and slippery can be pretty abusive to ankles and a Lowa combat type boots are not the best (found out via a footpeg crushing down on mine).