Notices

Thread: Permanent tyre sealant

1. Permanent tyre sealant 
    Anybody got any recs / no-nos...

Seems I have a mystery tyre flattener. Don't want to get a nice new ('spensive) front and get 'bad luck' for a third time.

TIA.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Let down or punctured?

Let down push some needles throught the valve cap at various angles ,leave a bit of thread so you can loosely screw it on...

Punctured, no sealant is really permanent (or even very effective when I've had flats). Those stings that look like long turds are ok to get you somewhere for a proper repair though.

Best bet if you suspect a 3rd party is get a camera covering it.

Three of us put bike seal in our tyres before we went to Morocco in 2019 and none of us have had a puncture in those bikes since.
    However if someone is tampering with the valves it won't stop that!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Sorted...

I didn't have a valve tool so got one off the net. £2.95 incl. 2 x valves and p & p.

Tried the wheel off the bike first. Took valve halfway out and back again. Worked. Did same on the bike wheel and that worked too.

Still don't know perzactly what the perps had done but am a lot happier now. Need to go to docs next week and it's 2+ hrs on buses.
    I only have one vice…I lie.