Notices

Thread: Ride Magazine - E10 fuel article

Hybrid View

It's not greener, same crap as Lithium batteries, the champagne swillers in the home counties congratulate themselves on being greener having simply moved the issue elsewhere. Look up the production of ethanol around the world for this stuff. It's tearing up important ecosystems, taking food out of supply chains meant to feed people, nothing green about it at all.

And as you rightly point out the drop in MPG is another kick in the balls, pay the same for a worse product.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    It's not greener, same crap as Lithium batteries, the champagne swillers in the home counties congratulate themselves on being greener having simply moved the issue elsewhere. Look up the production of ethanol around the world for this stuff. It's tearing up important ecosystems, taking food out of supply chains meant to feed people, nothing green about it at all.

And as you rightly point out the drop in MPG is another kick in the balls, pay the same for a worse product.
    I got it confused with methanol which is the greener version ??????? i dunno its all blx to me
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    I got it confused with methanol which is the greener version ??????? i dunno its all blx to me
    Ethanol is "greener" than petrol when burned. So tailpipes spew less crap. The issue is the huge amount of land being torn up (often important rain forest)and already viable food producing land (often in places where they struggle to feed people) being flipped to produce crops to create biofuels and ethanol for adding to fuel. Basically to make our relatively clean air that tiny bit cleaner we are enacting mass scale slash and burn across the world with all the much more significant long term harm that causes.

Even the claims of ethical sourcing have been largely discredited as the least ethical stuff has been found to simply be mixed with the supposed ethical stuff.

It really is horrendous. I watched a documentary on it and thought, "naah must be a vested interest here". Went away and did a bit of research and realised it really was as bad as the program had shown.