Notices

Thread: How dealers work..

Threaded View

Yes, quite happy to do this! I don't know what route into the industry he's looking for, but to give him an idea of what's out there, get him to look at www.bikejobs.co.uk

Working in a bike dealer isn't dissimilar to working for a car dealer these days. Especially as a number of car dealer groups are adding bikes to their portfolios. For example, Blade Motorcycles are now part of Heritage Automotive since the founder of the original Blade Group sold out to them and went off to play with his toys in the sun. (Good for him! I can tell you from personal experience that he is very much a biker, and the Blade Group name came from his passion for the Honda Fireblade.) Go in to any major brand's dealerships these days to buy a bike and you will be sold to. Not the bike, but the finance and insurance products that are a major part of dealer's profits these days. (By insurance products I mean things like GAP and tyre damage insurance.) This kind of activity has seeped into bike dealers from the car world steadily over the last 20 years.
    Last edited by John Phelan; 11-04-21 at 08:01 AM.