Notices

Thread: Glasto Cancelled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Glasto Cancelled 
    I only have one vice…I lie.

First of many large events this year I bet. They're now talking about schools not going back until Easter and lockdown until the spring potentially. It's going to break people...
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    First of many large events this year I bet. They're now talking about schools not going back until Easter and lockdown until the spring potentially. It's going to break people...
    Are you homeschooling little'un?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    I had a great line up of gigs last year.
    Patti Smith
    Elbow
    Aha
    Angel Olsen
    Clannad
    The Wurzels (yes, honestly)
    + others I’ve forgot

After being postponed from last year into this, they’re being pushed further back again
    I desperately need to ‘live music’.
    Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    I had a great line up of gigs last year.
    Patti Smith
    Elbow
    Aha
    Angel Olsen
    Clannad
    The Wurzels (yes, honestly)
    + others I’ve forgot

After being postponed from last year into this, they’re being pushed further back again
    I desperately need to ‘live music’.
    I worked security at a wurzels gig about 20 years ago and was stationed just to the left of the stage, I had probably one of the best views in the house and loved every second of it, although as a hardcore metalhead in his mid 20s I’d have died before admitting it at the time.

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    I worked security at a wurzels gig about 20 years ago and was stationed just to the left of the stage, I had probably one of the best views in the house and loved every second of it, although as a hardcore metalhead in his mid 20s I’d have died before admitting it at the time.
    Ha ha, I was the same. No way were they part of my listening library.
    Whether you’re Scrumpy’d or not, they’re a great live band
    Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    Ha ha, I was the same. No way were they part of my listening library.
    Whether you’re Scrumpy’d or not, they’re a great live band
    They really are great live.
    I worked security at loads of gigs and most were groups/singers that weren’t my thing but the atmosphere still made them fun to do (including a Jason and Kyle concert but iv got the decently to be ashamed of that one ).
    The upside was I had some great experiences that I will never forget including an after gig party getting very drunk with Peter green (fleetwood Mac)John mayall (& the blues breakers)and Pete G (Pete G and the magnationes), that one gig was worth the embarrassing ones.

Chatterbox
    ......(including a Jason and Kyle concert but iv got the decently to be ashamed of that one ).

The upside was I had some great experiences that I will never forget including an after gig party getting very drunk with Peter green (fleetwood Mac)John mayall (& the blues breakers)and Pete G (Pete G and the magnationes), that one gig was worth the embarrassing ones.

I first seen the Wurzels at some festival thing up Clifton way. That was an alcohol influenced outing. I spent most of the gig, well what I can remember of it , walking around telling folk to ‘Ere... get orf moy land’ etc...
    Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    I spent most of the gig, well what I can remember of it , walking around telling folk to ‘Ere... get orf moy land’ etc...
    I must admit I lost count of how many drunks asked if iv seen their brand new combine harvester

I had a great line up of gigs last year. I desperately need to ‘live music’.
    I have a kazoo and a tambourine. For a substantial fee I could come round to your place and.........
    I only have one vice…I lie.