Notices

Thread: Harley Davidson

1. Harley Davidson 
    Chatterbox
    So HD have been upping their game and are trying to appeal to people other than their established market.
    They've introduced a modular engine, DOHC & water cooled, a (dare i say it) modern ish engine.
    They've already unveiled an Adventure bike, now these two.

Hardley SellingSon?

It's rumoured to be their last throw of the dice.
    The general consensus on Buell forums is 'POS'
    So, A triumphant sales winner & a company saviour or a final nail in the old dog's coffin.
    What do you think ?
    Everything else is shyte

I like the look of the flat tracker (aftermarket pipes needed). Wouldn't buy one though.

If they want(need) to expand their market they need to make fun, engaging, cheap(ish) bikes, a range of awesome starter bikes to get people started on brand loyalty. Punting out more expensive behemoths I don't think will work.

Hmm not really for me they look box like, they need to change the styling more like the future models shown.

Platinum Member
    Dunno, it’s a difficult one, Harley owners are a strange lot and tend to get upset with change. Remember back in the early 90s when they brought out an aftershave and deodorant range, from what I gather the hard core harleyests (new word alert) went up the wall about it, screaming sell out, complaining it’s ruining the brand etc and it became a very expensive embarrassing public flop which actually cost them bike sales. I half think this will alienate the currant customers but in turn won’t bring in any new long term brand loyal customers so may keep them afloat short term but in the long term will push them over the edge to their doom.

As an almost interesting side note iv actually got 4 rare as rocking horse sh1t unopened cans of the Harley davidson “legendary free spray” body spray with the aftershaves that’s been gathering dust for 25+ years in the cupboard which iv been meaning to eBay. (Ok it wasn’t really that interesting )
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 18-01-21 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    As an almost interesting side note iv actually got 4 rare as rocking horse sh1t unopened cans of the Harley davidson “legendary free spray” body spray with the aftershaves that’s been gathering dust for 25+ years in the cupboard which iv been meaning to eBay. (Ok it wasn’t really that interesting )
    You really should declutter more often!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.ā€

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    So HD have been upping their game and are trying to appeal to people other than their established market.
    They've introduced a modular engine, DOHC & water cooled, a (dare i say it) modern ish engine.
    They've already unveiled an Adventure bike, now these two.

Hardley SellingSon?

It's rumoured to be their last throw of the dice.
    The general consensus on Buell forums is 'POS'
    So, A triumphant sales winner & a company saviour or a final nail in the old dog's coffin.
    What do you think ?
    I do like the look of the black flat tracker, the single exhaust looks ok, the twin exhaust fugly. Still wouldn't buy one though. Sort of reminds me of something else but can't bring it to mind at present.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.ā€

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    You really should declutter more often!
    Your not far wrong, Iā€™m like a Womble, iv got so much useless crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Your not far wrong, I’m like a Womble, iv got so much useless crap.
    You and me both. I've been trying to downsize to a smaller house for the last four years or so!

I suppose its a balance between staying current and trying not to water down the image too much. the cafe racer looks good, tho these were the main showpiece of many firms at various bike shows probably 2 to 3 years ago now.

I think this is going to be a huge disaster.
    Flat trackers are supposed to be stripped down and powerful not big, heavy lumps.
    And a cafe racer with handle bars?!
    Harley have missed their audience on this one.