Notices

Thread: 15 years :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Online physio & PE? Intriguing? Let us know how you get on.

My experiences have been simple meetings with TRF & VMCC. Both started a little tentatively but a couple of months in and people are participating/chatting more easily. Although you can't help looking at the backgrounds all the time.
    well my physio phone appointment consisted of a 4 minute phone call and being asked “has anything changed” and then being told to carry on doing what iv been doing. Not overly helpful to be honest.

Evening all, it's almost 11 years since Star and I joined up (13th Jan 2009), I recall our early visits to the Sally to meet some WBs face to face, and early acquaintances being Thunderbird and Amante (whatever happened to him?), Charlie serving behind the bar, don't recall seeing Loud Pipes in our earlier visits in the winter darkness - surprising really as he only lived a couple of hundred metres up the road, and he was the only dissenter when the club shifted the social night to the Fart & Clown - was that around 2011? Loud Pipes spat his dummy at that point and was never seen again. Think about it, the club were being pretty selfish moving the social night away from his doorstep when they had other members coming from far and wide, a number from outside Wiltshire even...

Back to early memories of WB: finding our way to the Sally in January darkness, getting to know a few more members as the year progressed, bumping into people at George Whites - for all its faults as a bike shop (following the same "pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap" business model that had already seen the likes of Carnells, M&P, Riossi, Motorcycle City, and other big multi-franchise dealerships go to the wall), it was a great social meeting point, many WBs heading there on Saturdays just to meet up, have a (dodgy) burger, look at all the bikes, and bugger off again having bought little or nothing from the shop. I think that our first WB ride-out was the one to Mudeford on 20th Sept that year (I have the photos indexed, I'm like that) - Jaydee was on his modified GSX750, feet-forward pegs to accommodate his freshly mutilated leg, Kev (Last Train) came too, Loud Pipes and Jaydee's mate Jonny Beer, plus it was my first encounter with Rinksy - after watching him (recently passed his test) overtaking cars round blind bends on double whites near Potterne I wasn't impressed and decided to put as much distance between us as possible (not difficult on a ZX-10) - it was a good day out, including the Sandbanks ferry thing. Poor Star was a bit shell-shocked afterwards, it wasn't a slow ride, but she dug in and kept up. Anyway, dinner's ready, happy new year y'all and hopefully see you sometime soon - we're (Chicky and I) moving away (again) for work; Southampton area, so we'll still be around, sort of.
    Last edited by Scotty; 08-01-21 at 10:02 PM.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    well my physio phone appointment consisted of a 4 minute phone call and being asked “has anything changed” and then being told to carry on doing what iv been doing. Not overly helpful to be honest.
    Wonderful, not!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Nice piece Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    - we're (Chicky and I) moving away (again) for work; Southampton area, so we'll still be around, sort of.
    Everything else is shyte

Good luck with the move Scotty

Great memories, it was such a busy social scene in those days with something always happening. Some real characters have moved on to other things. For us it was having Sophie that put us out of it all, along with the business growing and needing more energy. I assume our friends and 4CB are still going strong over on Facebook?
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

15 years, thats good going. I joined about 10 years ago now after seeing the WB stand at Castle Coombe. Great times, the bike night at the H+C was probably where I first met most of you, got introduced to track days, Rideouts and some memorable trips away. The Wales trip was great, unlike the 3hr ride home in torrential rain, but it was all part of the journey, and possibly my favourite, the trip to the Peak District. Although a bit quieter now, Im still looking forward to catching up when the weather permits, and get a few decent rides in.

Platinum Member
    I feel rather new having only been here 5 years (almost). Never knew the busy glory days but thoroughly enjoyed the ride outs iv been on and not met anyone iv disliked (and being the antisocial people hating git I am will tell you what a decent bunch is on here). Fingers crossed we can get together soon as possible for a ride out.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    (and being the antisocial people hating git I am will tell you what a decent bunch is on here)
    moanddog.jpg
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    That could have been made for me

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Funnily enough I bought that for Christmas present for someone lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”