Notices

Thread: MAG & 2030

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    I never had the fun Ernie had believe me .
    I actually turned one over on it’s side outside the old Bulford post office, jumped in and thought it was in forward gear but was in reverse and reversed it straight over the bank onto the road below, you can not begin to believe the noise and mess made by a couple of hundred milk bottles smashing, then of course the embarrassment as the fire brigade turn up as it turns out that much milk is classed as an environmental hazard.
    Magic, I bet you took plenty of stick for that
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Oh yes, in fact last year I bumped into the old manager of the dairy and the 1st thing out his mouth was “learnt directions yet have ya”, that’s 25 years later and it’s still biting me on the arse

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    i bet he had a lotta bottle as well
    float.jpg
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

There's still one of those things does the rounds out of Devizes. When I had to commute early I had a few near misses with it in the dark due to its lights not working.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    There's still one of those things does the rounds out of Devizes. When I had to commute early I had a few near misses with it in the dark due to its lights not working.
    yep I know the one, I almost rode up it’s arse a while back bout 2 miles before Devizes, certainly woke me up.

Back in 1987 I was driving a self-propelled crop sprayer along a dual carriageway near Milton Keynes when I encountered a milk float, cue a proper duel, with me and the milkman crying with laughter, neck and neck along the road. Mine had a bit more pick-up coming off a roundabout but ultimately his float pulled away up a long shallow hill. Reprehensible behaviour I know, technically racing on the public highway, reaching the reckless heights of 20mph!
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Back in 1987 I was driving a self-propelled crop sprayer along a dual carriageway near Milton Keynes when I encountered a milk float, cue a proper duel, with me and the milkman crying with laughter, neck and neck along the road. Mine had a bit more pick-up coming off a roundabout but ultimately his float pulled away up a long shallow hill. Reprehensible behaviour I know, technically racing on the public highway, reaching the reckless heights of 20mph!
    I bet that was a sight to see....

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

Magic! LOL
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”