Notices

Thread: S*d that for a game of soldiers !

Hybrid View

Back in the day , I was always on the back of my dads bikes, a BSA 650 goldflash complete with Watsonian sidecar and a 350 '59 AJS. I was so young at the time I couldnt even reach the footpegs, not that was a problem in the 1970's. Also used to go pillion on my mates ypvs 350 and cbr 600, the ypvs had been sent off to the ledgendary Stan Stephens for a stage 2 tune, and it was insane. I remember racing against another yper along the a38 heading out of Filton, absolutely flat to the stop, both 2 up, wasnt you was it Kev?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Back in the day , I was always on the back of my dads bikes, a BSA 650 goldflash complete with Watsonian sidecar and a 350 '59 AJS. I was so young at the time I couldnt even reach the footpegs, not that was a problem in the 1970's. Also used to go pillion on my mates ypvs 350 and cbr 600, the ypvs had been sent off to the ledgendary Stan Stephens for a stage 2 tune, and it was insane. I remember racing against another yper along the a38 heading out of Filton, absolutely flat to the stop, both 2 up, wasnt you was it Kev?
    I wonder if it is a case of the older we get the faster we were but I recall a conversation with a good mate of mine on one of our trips to France a few years back (he had a 916, I had the same GSXR1100K I've still got now) about whether we could keep up with our then 18-22 year selfs on their LC's with us on our 916 & gixxer? Sure the 'modern' bikes were wayyyy quicker, better handling & brakes and we were much more experienced (he won the Yam Past Masters proddy challenge cup about 4 years ago, me not quite as quick ) but, on the roads we rode back then the LC's were king and we were insanely stupid so it would be a close thing. I know for sure I wouldn't want to try and keep up now!