Notices

Thread: Help, I need to pick a brain

1. Help, I need to pick a brain 
    How do get a v5 without a ref plate it’s a barn find, used as a field bike want to be able to get it road legal again ...... does any one know? 🤔🤔

Platinum Member
    I’m happy to be corrected but I’m pretty certain with out knowing either the vin or registration number you can’t get a V5.
    If you have either a vin OR the reg number and ring DVLA and are lucky enough to get to speak to the 1 single helpful person that works there you MAY be able to get the other then fill in a form v62 (lost V5 form).
    I recently had to break a good running scooter in great condition for parts for this exact reason which was incredible annoying.

Thankyou, we’ve got frame & engine number. But Thankyou for your reply

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big blue View Post
    Thankyou, we’ve got frame & engine number. But Thankyou for your reply
    Do you know anyone that works in the car/bikes parts trade as I know their computer system can find parts for a car/bike using both the reg number or vin, I’m just wondering if they tapped in the vin (frame number) would it then also show the reg number?
    may be worth a try.

If you know someone in the trade they can HPI on a VIN.

Thanks guys you’ve been really helpful

Sorry for bumping the thread, but it would be great to find out the final result. I know that there exist online sources that allow checking the vehicle history by VIN number. My brother bought a used bike not long ago and used one https://www.quickrevs.com.au/. I was surprised how much info he could check this way. As for getting a v5, I've recently read about DVLA's new online service. It allows to apply for a duplicate logbook, so the customers who lost or damaged theirs can receive the new document within a matter of days. I haven't tried myself, but maybe someone else has the experience.
    Last edited by Kevin; 07-05-21 at 09:00 AM.