Notices

Thread: Long Way Up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    If you’re interested, Have a read of this,

Attachment 1845

It was the inspiration for Long Way Round.
    I've got that, had it about 30 years but strangely never read it lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I've got that, had it about 30 years but strangely never read it lol
    I read Jupiter's Travels years ago , and not long after I bought the Bonny , I read the follow up , Dreaming of Jupiter which came out in 2007 , both books are well worth a read .
    Last edited by DC; 07-08-20 at 01:52 AM.

If anyone likes the idea of motorcycle travel books, then (in addition to Jupiter's Travels) I'd strongly recommend the books by Lois Pryce (details here: https://www.loisontheloose.com ) - she's made a few interesting trips and written great books describing them. I've seen her give talks locally a couple of times (last time was at the Marlborough Literary Festival a couple of years ago) and she's a great speaker.

On Lois' trips there's her and a bike... nothing more, no buddy or accompanying cameraman, no 4x4s full of support staff and spare parts. All of her books are a good read, and if she does a live talk locally then it's definitely worth going.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Speaking to a member of the public at the end-of-the-journey event, Boorman said the charging wasn’t too difficult, although they did sometimes have to rely on locals with generators in the wilder parts of their journey.

Once they got into the US charging stations were apparently plentiful, enabling them to up their average daily distance to 300 miles from around 150 while they were in the south.

For much of the journey they were followed by petrol and diesel-powered vehicles, which ferried battery packs around to keep the bikes topped up.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post

....For much of the journey they were followed by petrol and diesel-powered vehicles, which ferried battery packs around to keep the bikes topped up.
    Hmmmm.... doesn't quite inspire confidence in the electric bike being a proper adventure tool yet does it?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hmmmm.... doesn't quite inspire confidence in the electric bike being a proper adventure tool yet does it?
    Certainly doesn't!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”