Notices

Thread: To nod or not to nod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    i have never nodded or acknowledged scooter or vespa riders and probably never will. could be because when i started riding there were a lot of guys going down the Mod route, they were usually a bunch of *wats
    scooters and vespa's are "normally" ridden by some spotty oik or a parka clad imbecile neither of which seem to exhibit any awareness of anything around them or any roadcraft at all

You'd love Ryde on the Isle of Wight at the end of August, they swarm the island for the scooter rally. I used to live over there, the scooter rally has given me bit of a dislike for them.

To answer the post, if someone nods, I nod, if not, then I don't. I did get a not from what looked to be a Harley rider on my way out of Westbury a few days in a row, but he looked to be a young'un, I imagine the others might get that out of him before long.

Had lots of nods / waves today. Learners, Harleys, scooters, even a combine harvester.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

[QUOTE=Burbler;489325]Had lots of nods / waves today. Learners, Harleys, scooters, even a combine harvester.[/QUOTE]

Love it!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    i suspect a lot of scooter riders are in the position that I’m in where they have bigger “real” bikes but for health
    reasons they have to ride a scooter.
    My sister has been a member of the Reading Offbeats Scooter club for decades, she learnt her way round engines by riding and fixing a Vespa. She no longer owns a scooter, but currently has five bikes; a 1972 CB125S, her Zed ('77 z650, her first proper bike, a keeper), a GS650 that she picked up dirt cheap and restored to running order, a Harley Sportster and a Bonneville Newchurch (limited edition from around 2015 I think). Pretty much all the members of the Offbeats who still ride have graduated to Harleys, seems that old scoot riders move from something slow, noisy and ill-handling to something slightly faster, noisy and ill-handling.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Stopped nodding and only nod if others nod first, as I didn't always get one back so got feed up with it, there is a couple on my commute that I do as I know they do, It depends on what I am wearing as well Hi-vis or my Oxford bike hoodie, so if I don't nod it is not because of your bike, I will always stop if I see someone that looks like they need up