Notices

Thread: Out !

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Ive been back to work now for 3 weeks (construction) Travelling all over to various different sites between London to Plymouth and into South Wales covering thousands of miles. The roads are still pretty quiet including the motorways. Going to be heading out on the bike next weekend, just for a hour or so, not looking to stop off anywhere tho, just going to enjoy the ride.

I've been riding the bike right through lockdown for local food shopping trips only , I've also ridden right through the Winter , didn't get frostbite or hypothermia , and the bike didn't rot away or dissolve . Today went out ALONE for the first proper jaunt in weeks , didn't speak to a soul , didn't slavver on anyone or get slavvered on . I'm 100% confident I didn't catch anything or pass anything on and I got back in one piece.......... Fancy that ! It were great

EDIT.... Forgot to say Petrol's a quid a litre !!! , happy days

Last edited by DC; 13-05-20 at 10:51 PM.

Nice one DC, about time you treated the old girl to a bit of premium now the price is low

Our current government are beneath comment, a cabinet filled with like-minded zealots rather than anyone selected for competence or experience. The easing of restrictions is based on economics, not science. The truth of their policy is based around herd immunity but after the initial backlash against a policy based on eugenics they’ve shut up about it but that’s what they’re aiming for. Why is the testing so feeble and shambolic? Far too much so to base a scientific response program around. Quarantine and checking for incoming air passengers eh? When? How about starting it three months ago like Italy did?
    We went out for a wee ride yesterday, nowhere special but had a result at Tesco in Ciren, I was almost looking forward to paying £0.999/litre for the first time since I don’t know when, and after sticking 15litres in the tank the pay-at-pump gave me someone else’s receipt so I checked after getting home and I’d been charged ONE POUND! Chicky had paid the same for her 8 litres it turned out. Kind of made up for the unseasonably cold weather, but it wasn’t raining either :-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Forgot to say Petrol's a quid a litre !!! , happy days
    Some of us remember when it was 75 pence a gallon ! lol
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Nice one DC, about time you treated the old girl to a bit of premium now the price is low
    Ooohhh steady , it'll have to come down another 20 or 30 pence before I get that careless !

Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    Some of us remember when it was 75 pence a gallon ! lol
    I remember it as low as 49p a litre back in '92 , '93 ? ,but it was Cornwall and everything was cheaper down there once upon a time .

Some of our American Brethren on the Triumph forum are paying $1.38 / gallon just now .
    Last edited by DC; 14-05-20 at 09:23 PM.

Don't get me started on 'I remember when petrol was...'
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I'll make you all feel old, cheapest I can remember was about 60p per litre and I wasn't old enough to need it then.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I'll make you all feel old, cheapest I can remember was about 60p per litre and I wasn't old enough to need it then.
    Pah, I can remember when is was sold in gallons for £sd. lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”