Our current government are beneath comment, a cabinet filled with like-minded zealots rather than anyone selected for competence or experience. The easing of restrictions is based on economics, not science. The truth of their policy is based around herd immunity but after the initial backlash against a policy based on eugenics they’ve shut up about it but that’s what they’re aiming for. Why is the testing so feeble and shambolic? Far too much so to base a scientific response program around. Quarantine and checking for incoming air passengers eh? When? How about starting it three months ago like Italy did?
We went out for a wee ride yesterday, nowhere special but had a result at Tesco in Ciren, I was almost looking forward to paying £0.999/litre for the first time since I don’t know when, and after sticking 15litres in the tank the pay-at-pump gave me someone else’s receipt so I checked after getting home and I’d been charged ONE POUND! Chicky had paid the same for her 8 litres it turned out. Kind of made up for the unseasonably cold weather, but it wasn’t raining either :-)