Notices

Thread: Out !

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Pah, I can remember when is was sold in gallons for £sd. lol
    When I got my first bike it was 7 / 6d per Gallon. That equates to approx. 9 p per litre. Plus another 1p for a couple of shots of 2T oil.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Don't get me started on 'I remember when petrol was...'
    We used to dream of living in a corridor !!!

Last edited by DC; 15-05-20 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    We went out for a wee ride yesterday, nowhere special but had a result at Tesco in Ciren, I was almost looking forward to paying £0.999/litre for the first time since I don’t know when, and after sticking 15litres in the tank the pay-at-pump gave me someone else’s receipt so I checked after getting home and I’d been charged ONE POUND! Chicky had paid the same for her 8 litres it turned out. Kind of made up for the unseasonably cold weather, but it wasn’t raining either :-)
    Well, it was nice while it lasted, Tesco's system caught up and my £1 fill-up became £15.12... but it is nice to be paying less than a quid/litre for once. I recall that fill-ups on my Fizzie, with two squirts of 2T oil @20:1 cost me a quid in 1978, and the first time I remember seeing petrol priced in litres was around 1988 I think (give or take a year) and in those days my first sight of the price banner showing 37.5p/litre had me wondering to myself what that equated to in the stone age measures that we were familiar with at the time. It doesn't take long to get used to newer ways of doing things, such as fuel in litres and weight measures in kg, we just need exposure to them in order to gain familiarity. I started studying Engineering in 1991 and had to become familiar with SI units when I did so. It didn't take long, and the only thing that I think of in terms of pounds and ounces nowadays is fishing!
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

gallons for £sd

I actually had a teacher in the early '90's who forced us to all learn imperial measures because "it's coming back soon"....... hope they etched that on his headstone.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I actually had a teacher in the early '90's who forced us to all learn imperial measures because "it's coming back soon"....... hope they etched that on his headstone.
    I’m young (ish) enough to use metric but having worked a lot of my life on building sites with my dad who downright refused to use metric I was forced to use imperial so I use both.

Chatterbox
    Game on

Bozo has said yes !

It's the weekend, the suns out, it's mid may, let's roll !

There's only one problem though...

Nobody wants any visitors

Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Game on

Bozo has said yes !

It's the weekend, the suns out, it's mid may, let's roll !

There's only one problem though...

Nobody wants any visitors

And if you go anywhere everything is shut, no tea or coffee, no chips, no ice cream.... probably no toilets!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Well finally got out for a ride to go and exercise!! it was good and saw a few bikes out, just a really steady ride out and there were quite a few cars out on the road as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Well finally got out for a ride to go and exercise!! it was good and saw a few bikes out, just a really steady ride out and there were quite a few cars out on the road as well.
    Braver than me then, I am waiting until at least Tuesday for all the peanut brains in their cars to calm down a bit and realise that they are not the only thing on the road but both the girls are polished, prepped and raring to go
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    Braver than me then, I am waiting until at least Tuesday for all the peanut brains in their cars to calm down a bit and realise that they are not the only thing on the road but both the girls are polished, prepped and raring to go
    Me too, want to ride the road bike and the trail bike while I still remember how to!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”