Notices

Thread: Out !

Hybrid View

Our current government are beneath comment, a cabinet filled with like-minded zealots rather than anyone selected for competence or experience. The easing of restrictions is based on economics, not science. The truth of their policy is based around herd immunity but after the initial backlash against a policy based on eugenics they’ve shut up about it but that’s what they’re aiming for. Why is the testing so feeble and shambolic? Far too much so to base a scientific response program around. Quarantine and checking for incoming air passengers eh? When? How about starting it three months ago like Italy did?
    We went out for a wee ride yesterday, nowhere special but had a result at Tesco in Ciren, I was almost looking forward to paying £0.999/litre for the first time since I don’t know when, and after sticking 15litres in the tank the pay-at-pump gave me someone else’s receipt so I checked after getting home and I’d been charged ONE POUND! Chicky had paid the same for her 8 litres it turned out. Kind of made up for the unseasonably cold weather, but it wasn’t raining either :-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    We went out for a wee ride yesterday, nowhere special but had a result at Tesco in Ciren, I was almost looking forward to paying £0.999/litre for the first time since I don’t know when, and after sticking 15litres in the tank the pay-at-pump gave me someone else’s receipt so I checked after getting home and I’d been charged ONE POUND! Chicky had paid the same for her 8 litres it turned out. Kind of made up for the unseasonably cold weather, but it wasn’t raining either :-)
    Well, it was nice while it lasted, Tesco's system caught up and my £1 fill-up became £15.12... but it is nice to be paying less than a quid/litre for once. I recall that fill-ups on my Fizzie, with two squirts of 2T oil @20:1 cost me a quid in 1978, and the first time I remember seeing petrol priced in litres was around 1988 I think (give or take a year) and in those days my first sight of the price banner showing 37.5p/litre had me wondering to myself what that equated to in the stone age measures that we were familiar with at the time. It doesn't take long to get used to newer ways of doing things, such as fuel in litres and weight measures in kg, we just need exposure to them in order to gain familiarity. I started studying Engineering in 1991 and had to become familiar with SI units when I did so. It didn't take long, and the only thing that I think of in terms of pounds and ounces nowadays is fishing!
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen